Tax Specialist (6 months Contract)
Why Should You Apply For The Job
Work in established and progressive company with strong value and culture
Provide support to Head of Tax in the overall tax management of the Company in the areas of statutory tax compliance, tax accounting and reporting, tax audits and appeals, tax advisory and transfer pricing. Engage with relevant stakeholders (internal and external) in performing the tax functions to ensure accurate, timely and most tax optimum positions are executed.
- Additional Job Description
- In charge of statutory tax compliance activities for corporate taxation matters which include review of the detailed tax computations and putting in place the relevant supporting documents to support the computations. The scope includes management of tax estimates and tax payments to the tax authority and liaison with business units and relevant authorities for application of double deductions and tax incentives (where applicable) to optimise the group’s tax position.
- In charge of tax accounting and reporting activities which include tax provision and deferred tax computations on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis, and compute tax estimates with input from business units & Finance.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements tax disclosures and reconciliations and liaising with the external auditors.
- Assist in tax audits conducted by the tax authorities and prepare all information / documents /explanations requested by the tax authorities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage tax appeals (whenever necessary) including liaison with legal counsels and reviewing the documentations for accurate and timely submission.
- Provide tax advice and assistance (including trainings) to respective departments to facilitate compliance with various tax laws, for example income tax, withholding tax, and service tax, etc. This includes assistance for implementation of any new laws introduced by the government.
- Assist Head of Tax on ad-hoc basis to provide tax advice such as review of agreements and involvement in projects to provide tax inputs in ensuring transactions are carried out in tax optimum manner.
- Provide periodic feedback on schedule /report improvement or enhancement to improve efficiency in work processes; and work with system personnel to develop reports that facilitate tax requirements.
- Keep up to date on corporate tax technical and case law developments conduct knowledge sharing session within tax team.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance or related discipline
- Desirable: CIA, ACCA, CPA
- 7 to 10 year total relevant working experience
- Build working relationships.
- Demonstrate high levels of personal integrity and independence.
- Communication, presentation, and report writing skills with the ability to deliver areas of concern to fit into the needs and expectations of the business objectives.
- Project and time management skills, including priority setting.
- Candidate with Telco experience has added advantage
About The Company
About our client:
Our client is one of the dynamic and leading telecommunication service providers in Malaysia.
About TalentTag Recruitment:
TalentTag Recruitment is a recruitment division of Agensi Pekerjaan ELS Sdn Bhd (808430-P and JTKSM 076A) (“ELS”). ELS is an award-winning recruitment firm with more than a decade of proven track record in recruitment. In 2019, ELS took home the Gold Prize for “The Best Executive Search Firm of HR Vendors of the Year Awards 2019”.
Kindly visit www.talenttag.asia to view more jobs.
Apply The Job
Other Jobs You May Like
Could Not Find Any Suitable Jobs?
If you are in a career cross road or could not found any suitable jobs here, please submit your CV to our career consultant.
Or you may email us your CV with the form below: