Senior Manager/Manager Leasing (Retails, PJ)
Why Should You Apply For The Job
- Work in top reputable and visionary REIT management company in Malaysia.
- Great career development and advancement with great exposure.
- Competitive salary and remuneration
- Manage and lead all leasing programs and activities including planning and development, leasing administration and management as well as budget forecast in order to maximize occupancy and rental, thereby increasing mall’s profitability with the most desirable and productive tenants.
- Spearhead and develop a strategic annual plan for the department which will set out objectives, plans and specific activities to be pursued in each area of responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Group Leasing in terms of Leasing policies, internal control processes and implementation to standardize systems and procedures. Coordinate the department’s activities to ensure the proper execution and strict adherence to the said policies and procedures.
- Prepare the annual budget which includes the forecast that may be requested by the Management.
- Manage and monitor the revenues. Lead the Leasing team via executing and coordinating sound leasing strategies towards achieving the targeted revenues.
- Plan and implement the tenancy mix in the retail mall. Formulate and implement dynamic and effective leasing strategies to achieve the desired tenancy mix.
- Source for new and potential tenants with good retail concept for retail space in line with the tenant mix planning (new tenants or renewal cases). Identify and short-list suitable tenants and initiate discussions with them.
- Negotiate the lease and finalize rental and other terms and conditions with potential tenants. Ensure tenants’ adhere to the lease terms.
- Ensure that the yearly lease renewals are completed within the given timeline and meet the budget.
- Be actively involved in the malls’ asset enhancement initiatives (AEIs) via active contribution in re-positioning and restructuring of trade mix as well as configuration works that will increase rental yield and further add value to the mall.
- Promote good landlord-tenant relationship. Constantly communicate with tenants and resolve any tenants’ concerns and issues soonest possible.
- Monitor tenants’ business activities. Identify tenants in difficulty, anticipate and set up plans for tenant’s assistance. Institute addition of new tenants or replacement of underperforming tenants.
- Initiate forward planning by monitoring all current and future vacancies to proactively react to future occupancy needs. Analyze concerns associated with retail lots that are slow to lease and propose improvement measures.
- Direct and conduct market research on shopping malls in order to keep abreast of retail property developments in the market. Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas for improvements.
- Review and verify all relevant lease documentations. Supervise the liaison between subordinates with solicitors and tenants from reviewing the lease terms until the issuance of Tenancy Agreements.
- Responsible for the preparation, collation and analysis of relevant management reports and approval papers. Advise on the proper documentation to be prepared and ensure safe keeping of the department’s written materials.
- Ensure timely performance reporting of the department to agreed deadlines which includes submission of management and financial reports as well as documents.
- Lead, provide guidance and delegate tasks to subordinates as well as assess their performance. Supervise and monitor their job scope for purposes of satisfactory job completion. Motivate and mentor subordinates towards self-improvement and better job performance.
- Conduct succession planning to ensure sustainability of the department and overall company’s interests.
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned or directed by the line of report from time to time.
- Develop and maintain professional standards within the Leasing team and to maintain the integrity of Leasing systems and reports.
- Develop and maintain close coordination and productive working relationship between the Leasing Department and other key departments at mall level as well as HQ Office.
- Establish rapport with subordinates, create and maintain department morale and build team efforts to achieve excellent results.
- Ensure good team discipline in terms of adherence to company’s policies, attendance to the job scope and punctuality at work.
- Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Studies, Estate Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant working experience within retail mall management with 3 years at the managerial position in a similar capacity.
- Possess strong interest and passion in shopping mall business.
- Sound understanding of the real estate industry and good working knowledge of Malaysian retail market.
- Possess strong network of tenants and contacts.
About The Company
Our client is a prominent public listed REIT Management company with multiple major shopping malls in Klang Valley under its ownership and management
Apply The Job
Other Jobs You May Like
Could Not Find Any Suitable Jobs?
If you are in a career cross road or could not found any suitable jobs here, please submit your CV to our career consultant.
Or you may email us your CV with the form below: