Procurement Category Lead (Manager) - Oil & Gas
Why Should You Apply For The Job
- Work in established and progressive prominent conglomerate company in Malaysia.
- Great career exposure and development.
Roles and Responsibilites:
- Oil & Gas category expert to identify market leaders and trends while conducting ongoing research and recommends new and upcoming category initiatives that exceed internal customers’ wants and expectations.
- Deliver value through effective and efficient category, sourcing, negotiation and contracting activities aligned with the company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure team performed relevant due diligence processes and secure required approvals.
- Ensure team comply with Local Content obligations and incorporated into the procurement decisions as required.
- Must operate cross-functionally with Operations, Finance, IT, and other related departments to support bottom-line cost.
- Set and meet KPI objectives and targets for savings, turnaround time and supply security.
- Applies and implements SCM (Supply Chain Management) standards, tools, and processes in a multi-business organization.
- Meet regularly with critical suppliers for discussion on performance, planning, pricing, and future development activities.
- Lead internal cross-functional efforts to identify and quickly implement cost-reduction activities.
- Coordinate efforts of inter-company sourcing teams focused on reducing cost through utilizing purchasing leverage, standardization, technology changes, and overall market knowledge.
- Ensure that all other duties set by the line manager is being completed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, supply chain management, commercial operations, contract development, or contract management in oil & gas.
- At least 5 years of experience working with SAP or other ERP systems.
- Deep understanding of the oil & gas category, including knowledge of industry trends, products, and suppliers.
- Strong expertise in managing indirect categories, understanding supply markets, and applying strategic sourcing principles, as well as proficient in contract and supplier management.
- Good knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and compliance requirements in the procurement field.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Possesses good experience in purchasing chemical and equipment for upstream oil and gas services industry.
About The Company
Our client is the largest conglomerate and public listed company in Malaysia
Apply The Job
Other Jobs You May Like
Could Not Find Any Suitable Jobs?
If you are in a career cross road or could not found any suitable jobs here, please submit your CV to our career consultant.
Or you may email us your CV with the form below: