Manager, Group Corporate Secretarial
Why Should You Apply For The Job
- Work in established and prominent company in Malaysia
- Good learning opportunity and career progression
- Work in progressive and dynamic environment
- To monitor and ensure compliance with the statutory requirements especially with the CA, CMSA, LR, CG and other relevant statutory and guidelines.
- Preparing, arranging and attending Board of Directors’ Meeting and such other sub-committee/management meetings as required by the Board of Directors/Management and to ensure the Board of Directors or Board Committee(s) or Management Committee(s) decisions are communicated effectively and in timely manner to the relevant Management/Heads of Department or Divisions.
- Preparing, arranging and attending Annual/Extraordinary General Meetings of the members of the Company.
- Preparing various kinds of Directors’/Members’ Circular Resolutions.
- Preparation and filling of all statutory documents with the relevant authorities i.e. Companies Commission of Malaysia, Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (“Bursa Securities”), Securities Commission etc.. Within the stipulated time.
- Making announcements to Bursa Securities as advised by the Board of Directors on a timely basis.
- Providing advisory to the directors, shareholders and senior management of the Company/Group in respect of the Secretarial Practices/Procedures, CA, CMSA, LR, CG and such other relevant statutory regulations and guidelines.
- Maintaining proper and update statutory records and all necessary secretarial databases required to ensure smooth access and retrieval of updated corporate information of the Company/Group, directors and shareholders.
- To provide, coordinate and implement the secretarial input and documentation required for the corporate exercises of the Company undertaken from time to time.
Meeting Arrangement/ Internal Operation/ Process
- Co-ordinates and ensures that statutory, board, committee and/or management meetings are well coordinated and effectively conducted as and when required by and in accordance with the departments’ Operating Policies, or such other P&P to be implemented from time to time, such as:
- Co-ordinating with various heads of divisions on the agenda and reports to be tabled for meetings.
- Organising and scheduling all required meetings for the whole year and timely advice when timing for such meetings are being changed/ varied.
- Timely circulation of meeting files/reports.
- Accurate recording and early completion of minutes.
- Ensuring that Board of Directors or Board Committee decisions are communicated effectively and in timely manner to the relevant Management/Heads of Departments.
- To assist in any other secretarial and/or administrative functions which are required to enhance and/or support the existing P&P or such internal guidelines as may be adopted from time to time to ensure productivity and smooth operation of the secretariat such as to ensure updated and accurate filling of statutory records and related records, maintaining and safeguarding the confidentiality of information/data/records.
People and Performance development
- Provide effective support and/or resources to the team/ department eg. Building up a knowledge database relevant to corporate secretarial practices, statutory requirements and compliances and to develop knowledge-sharing, building up team/employee relationship, to engage and be resourceful in problem solving, etc.
- Provide advice to the business units and/or its task teams for such proposed transactions to be in line with the relevant legislation and regulations and/or the authorisation limits mandate of the company concerned.
- Create conditions for and to maintain effective institutional relations with relevant external statutory bodies, organisations, government agencies, associations and corporations.
- Organise training for the board across the group, by sourcing for relevant training materials and to educate on their duties and responsibilities as board members.
- Plan, organise and to give training on important statutory compliance and update areas to the management team/business units or task teams.
- To be named as company secretary as and when required by the Company Secretary.
- To assist in projects or special assignments in which the Secretarial department is involved with.
- To handle any other duties or functions as and when required by the Company Secretary.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree (eg. the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators), Law, Business Studies/Management degree or such other qualification earned from prescribed body under Section 235(2)(a) of the Companies Act 2016.
- 10 years in company secretarial work with 4 years managerial experience
- ICSA or relevant degree.
- IT savvy and familiar with the various online application/systems for submission of prescribed notices or announcements to Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Core competencies: Customers Orientation, Achieving Result with Passion, Demonstrating Accountability and Integrity, Working as a Team, Learning and Developing Self Competency.
- Ability to work with diverse level of authorities (Internal and external). Well verse with the various laws & regulations applicable to the company eg. Companies Act 2016, Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, Code of Corporate Governance, Capital Services Market Act, Stamp Act, and etc.
- Willing to travel occasionally to other states
About The Company
Our client is a prominent public listed company that provide energy, environment and engineering related solution with worldwide presence.
Apply The Job
Other Jobs You May Like
Could Not Find Any Suitable Jobs?
If you are in a career cross road or could not found any suitable jobs here, please submit your CV to our career consultant.
Or you may email us your CV with the form below: