Head of Leasing (Retails)
Why Should You Apply For The Job
- Work in top reputable and visionary REIT management company in Malaysia.
- Great career development and advancement with great exposure.
- Competitive salary and remuneration
- Strategize, formulate and implement leasing guidelines and initiatives at group level that address issues in the leasing at malls.
- Formulate and implement of leasing policies and internal control procedures and ensure strict compliances of malls to the corporate guidelines.
- Review the quarterly and annual forecast and maintain the budget of the department in accordance with the operating needs.
- Provide necessary support and guidance to the malls’ leasing as necessary to ensure alignment of practices across malls within the country.
- Provide guidance on budget preparation, development and management of leasing strategies to ensure execution within guidelines and budget.
- Coordinate with mall leasing team via executing and coordinating sound leasing strategies towards achieving the targeted income.
- Develop suitable performance indicators to monitor effectiveness of the strategies.
- Develop innovative strategic planning practices for leasing activities for operating malls, as well as pre & post-opening leasing activities for new constructions projects.
- Plan and implement of the tenancy mix in the retail mall and conduct of dynamic and effective leasing strategies to achieve the desired tenancy mix.
- Source for new and suitable tenants with good retail concept for retail space in line with the tenant mix planning. Identify and short-list suitable tenants and initiate discussions with them.
- Negotiate the lease and finalize rental and other terms and conditions with potential tenants. Ensure tenants’ adhere to the lease terms.
- Be actively involved in the malls’ asset enhancement initiatives (AEIs) via active contribution in re-positioning and restructuring of trade mix as well as configuration works that will increase rental yield and further add value to the mall.
- Work closely with the mall leasing in terms of policies, processes and implementation to standardize systems and procedures. Coordinate the department’s activities to ensure the proper execution and strict adherence to the said policies and procedures.
- Promote good landlord-tenant relationship. Constantly communicate with tenants and resolve any tenants’ concerns and issues soonest possible.
- Monitor all current and future vacancies to proactively react to future occupancy needs for assigned mall.
- Analyze concerns associated with retail lots that are slow to lease and propose improvement measures.
- Conduct market research on shopping malls in order to keep abreast of retail property developments, retail demands in the market.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas for improvements.
- Responsible for the preparation, collation and analysis of relevant Management Reports and Approval Papers. Ensure proper documentation and safe keeping of department’s written materials.
- Develop and maintain close coordination and productive working relationship between the Leasing Department and other key departments at mall level as well as HQ Office.
- Develop and maintain professional standards among leasing team and to maintain the integrity of all systems and reports.
- Build strong and self-sufficient team by promoting succession planning, identifying key talent and skill development.
- Establish rapport with subordinates, create and maintain department morale and build team efforts to achieve excellent results.
- Ensure good team discipline in terms of adherence to company’s policies, attendance as well as punctuality.
- Lead, provide guidance and delegate tasks to subordinates as well as assess their performance. Supervise and monitor their works and ensure satisfactory job completion. Motivate them toward self-improvement and better job performance.
- Support Due Diligence on new malls acquisitions from leasing perspective.
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned/directed by the line of report from time to time.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Studies, Estate Management, Building or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant working experience with 8 years at the leadership position in a similar capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & able to interact with all levels.
- Strong negotiation and business planning skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of retail and the ability to add value to the mall in the future.
- Possess good network of retailers.
About The Company
Our client is a prominent public listed REIT Management company with multiple major shopping malls in Klang Valley under its ownership and management.
Apply The Job
Other Jobs You May Like
Could Not Find Any Suitable Jobs?
If you are in a career cross road or could not found any suitable jobs here, please submit your CV to our career consultant.
Or you may email us your CV with the form below: